Julie graduated with a B.S. in Molecular Biology from Grove City College in 2011. She spent the next year working in a large rehabilitation clinic working directly with OTs, PTs, and two CHTs. It was here her love of hand therapy began forming. She graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with her Master of Occupational Therapy in 2014. Knowing she wanted to go on to become a certified hand therapist, Julie began her employment search specifically looking for a hand therapy mentor.
She started here career with LB Hand Therapy in the fall of 2014 and has enjoyed learning from Laura. Julie loves the specialty of hand therapy because it combines her love for anatomy with her love for helping people. She enjoys the opportunity to join her patients in their journey to getting back to what they enjoy doing or need to do. In her free time, Julie enjoys walking with her dog and attending Nationals baseball games with her husband.
Fun Facts about Julie:
1. Julie loves needle crafts. She has been crocheting since she learned in high school and has recently taken up knitting.
2. Julie and her husband both grew up in the area. They currently live in Columbia with their golden retriever, Duke (who has an Instagram account, @dukeofwilliford).
3. Julie originally went to occupational therapy school because of her passion for working with children with special needs. It wasn’t until she worked in an outpatient clinic and saw hand therapy for the first time that she decided to pursue hand therapy.
4. Julie has a younger sister, Jaclyn, who lives in Ohio with her husband, Charles. They are very close and have always considered each other best friends.
5. Julie has her Maryland handgun qualification license and enjoys target shooting competitions with her family.