Meet the LB Hand Therapy Team
Certified hand therapist Laura McCarthy, OTR, CHT founded LB Hand Therapy in 1993. Since then, she has helped a wide range of hand therapy patients in Maryland, Virginia, and the Washington, DC area achieve healthier, positive lives.
- Certified Hand Therapist (CHT)
- Occupational Therapist (OTR)
- BS, Occupational Therapy, Towson University
- University of Maryland Hospital – Shock Trauma
- Mount Washington Pediatrics
- John Swift Physical Therapy
- VA Medical Center
- Mercy Medical Center
- LB Hand Therapy
Did you know…
Laura loves musical theater!
Julie started with LB Hand Therapy in October 2014. Julie has a passion for helping patients as well as a love for anatomy. That combination led her to pursue hand therapy. With Laura’s mentoring, Julie is working to become a certified hand therapist.
- Occupational Therapist (OTR/L)
- Certified in Physical Agent Modalities (CPAM)
- MOT, Occupational Therapy, University of Pittsburgh
- BS, Molecular Biology, Grove City College
- Prior to completing her graduate education, Julie spent a year as a rehabilitation aide in an outpatient hand therapy setting.
Did you know…
- Julie’s favorite hobby is crocheting
Join the LB Hand Therapy Family
Our certified hand therapist, occupational therapist, and support staff work together to provide a personalized, integrative, and high-quality experience for every patient.